Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/virtogro/public_html/wp-content/themes/virtogroup/header.php on line 17
Silica Sand Slurry, 100 micron cut point
- Project: To separate silica sand from acid slurry;
- Client: Chemical industry;
- Type of Screener: Virto C -Line VLM 900 1x in single deck configuration, with mesh cleaning system in stainless steel 316 with cylinders and washing system with nozzles installed on the cover. To properly separate the acid slurry, all the gaskets are in Viton, the contact and non-contact parts are in stainless steel AISI 316 and all the internal parts (cover, deck and basement) are coated in polyurethane.
- Replaced equipment: New line, no previous processing;
- Type of Screening Mesh: Stainless steel 316 mesh with a 100 µm aperture;
- Results needed: To efficiently separate sand from acid slurry;
- Main Challenges: Due to the acidity of the slurry, it couldn’t be used a standard stainless steel 304 and it was needed something to protect the machine and the internal part from the corrosive acid effect.
- Results Achieved: The 100% customized VLM 900 1/X achieved the required capacity of 0,8 M3/H and even overachieving expectations up to 1.5m³/H. It enabled the customer to get the solids/liquid separation of the acid slurry at the requested cut point.